Blue (Derek Jarman) (Blu-ray)
In his final—and most daring—cinematic statement, Derek Jarman the romantic meets Jarman the iconoclast in a lush soundscape pulsing against a purely blue screen. Laying bare his physical and spiritual state in a narration about his life, his struggle with AIDS and his encroaching blindness, Blue is by turns poignant, amusing, poetic and philosophical.
- Bliss (1991, a concert recording of the project that would become Blue)
- David Lewis remembers Blue
- Glitterbug (1994, a compilation of Derek Jarman’s home movies, scored by Brian Eno)
- Hard to Imagine (John Maybury recalls Jarman’s journey towards Blue)
- James Mackay remembers Blue
- Simon Fisher Turner remembers Blue
- Derek Jarman Blue Plaque unveiling in London
- Derek Jarman - Director
For press and publicity inquiries, please email [email protected]. A selection of press materials for this title may be available for download here.