The Horse Boy (DVD)
“An extraordinary journey of the heart and spirit, and a stirring testament to parenthood.”
– Gary Goldstein, Los Angeles Times
An intensely personal yet epic spiritual quest, THE HORSE BOY follows one Texas couple and their autistic son as they trek on horseback through the breathtaking steppes of Mongolia in an attempt to find healing for him. When two-year-old Rowan was diagnosed with autism, Rupert Isaacson, a writer and former horse trainer, and his wife Kristin Neff, a psychology professor, sought the best possible medical care, but traditional therapies had little effect. Then they discovered that Rowan has a profound kinship with animals-particularly horses-and the family set off on a journey that would change their lives forever.
Directed by Michel Orion Scott, THE HORSE BOY is part travel adventure, part insight into shamanic healing and part intimate look at the autistic mind. In telling one family's extraordinary story, the film gives voice to the thousands who display amazing courage and creativity everyday in the battle against this mysterious and heartbreaking epidemic. The filmic companion to Isaacson's best-selling book of the same name, this ravishing documentary odyssey gives insight into how, in life's darkest moments, one can find the gateway to joy and wonder.
- 16:9 anamorphic transfer, enhanced for widescreen TVs
- 25 minutes of additional interviews with autism luminaries, including Dr. Temple Grandin, Simon Baron-Cohen and anthropologist Roy Richard Grinker
- Behind-the-scenes and outtake footage of the Isaacsons' Mongolian journey
- Theatrical trailer
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
- Michel Orion Scott - Director
- Rupert Isaacson - Director