A Town Called Panic (DVD)
“Fast-paced and exciting. Funny and original. An absurdist, chaotic version of the pastoral European countryside – la France profonde meets Buster Keaton. Simultaneously giddy and satirical… reminiscent of South Park and the Wallace and Gromit movies, but less pointed, more poetic.”
– Mike Hale, The New York Times
Hilarious and delightfully wacky, the stop-motion extravaganza A Town Called Panic has endless charms and raucous laughs for children and adults alike. Based on the Belgian cult TV series (released by Wallace & Gromit’s Aardman Studios), Panic stars three plastic toys named Cowboy, Indian and Horse who share a rambling house in a rural town that never fails to attract the craziest events.
Cowboy and Indian’s plan to surprise their pal Horse with a homemade barbeque pit goes awry when the 50 million bricks they accidentally ordered online show up on their doorstep. This sets off a raucous chain of events as the trio travels to the center of the earth, treks across frozen tundra (complete with a giant snowball-throwing robot penguin) and discovers a parallel underwater universe of treacherous, pointy-headed creatures. And with panic a permanent feature of life in this papier-mâché burg, will Horse and his equine girlfriend—the flame-tressed music teacher Madame Longray (Jeanne Balibar)—ever find a quiet moment alone? A Town Called Panic is zany, brainy and altogether insane-y!
- New anamorphic transfer, created from new HD elements
- La Fabrique de Panique (52 minutes): A new behind-the-scenes documentary
- Video interviews with directors Vincent Patar and Stéphane Aubier
- “Obsessive Compulsive”: a new short made especially for this DVD release, chosen by the filmmakers as the winner of Zeitgeist’s Panic Stop-Motion Animation Contest
- Deleted scenes
- Test shot comparisons
- Photo gallery
- U.S. theatrical trailer
- Stéphane Aubier - Director
- Vincent Patar - Director
For press and publicity inquiries, please email [email protected]. A selection of press materials for this title may be available for download here.